Thursday, January 15, 2015

I Still Do

    Our tenth anniversary was coming up and we wanted to do something special.  It needed to be bigger than just a night out but smaller than renewing our vows.  I searched dresses and decided on a vintage style tea length dress on ModCloth.  I happened to find it on Ebay for less than $100!



Aisle Be There dress by Trashy Diva  $164.99


















    My next step was accessorizing the dress.  I knew I wanted a floral sash with satin flowers in fall colors.  The trouble was the price.  The standard handmade sash costs between $75-$150.  I knew I could make it myself for much less.  First I made a mock up of my idea on the dress using a photo editor to see if it would look nice before I committed to the idea.





    Next I searched satin flower hair clips and headbands in the colors I wanted and at slightly different sizes.  The idea was to buy a thick ribbon for a sash and then clip these to the sash so they could be arranged and reused later.  These are the three I decided on from Etsy:

 StellaArborBoutique
 SparkleSpiceFashions

DinkybirdBoutique















    The cost of these three flowers was about $23.  One shop had the option to put an alligator clip on the back.  The others arrived attached to an elastic band or with a brooch pin.  All workable.  I removed the elastic and attached my own clip with hi-temp hot glue.  One shop also included a free gift of a white flower which I also used on the sash.  I purchased a roll of burgundy ribbon for about $3.  So the total cost of my wedding style sash was only $26 and I can reuse the flowers for many different things.

    The final touch for the outfit was the shoes.  I wanted something burgundy to match the sash and vintage style to match the dress.  I found what I was looking for at ModCloth.


Dynamic Debut Heel in Burgundy by Qupid















 
    The last and most important part was our brilliant photographer, Suzanne.  I could fill paragraphs singing her praises, but I'll let her work speak for itself.




























Find the lovely Suzanne C.
on Facebook at Suzanne C Photography
and online at http://www.suzannecphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I read every comment and I always try to respond. This is a polite and respectful blog, so please keep your comments polite and respectful too, or I will delete them. ;)

Disclosure Statement: I am a member of the blogger affiliate program for ModCloth, Chic Wish, EShakti, Haoduoyi, and Romwe.