Monday, September 7, 2026

The Mother of All Unicorns!

The year was... a long time ago and an absolutely stunning Eva Franco dress released on ModCloth and while I was desperately trying to figure out how I could afford it at $325 in 20-teens dollars, this same Russian Doll dress turned up in an episode of New Girl and then sold out immediately. 

A restock came along but I still couldn't swing the price.  I found matching fabric and made an apron dress version.


 I found similar fabric and learned to sew so I could make my own version.  

And, over the years, I have kept an eye on the resale sites but each time this dress turned up the price was the same.  The dresses kept aging and getting wear, but that brand new price would. NOT. budge.

Finally.   FINALLY!  I have found the dress.  In good condition.  At a reasonable, age appropriate price.  Finally, after 10 long years of waiting in suspense, I have found the dress.  The wait is finally over; let's do this!!

Do I love the dress?  Yes, yes I do.  I had to do a little tailoring and as you can see, it's very low cut.  I've layered it with a navy blue lace cami for work and I may just find a pretty bra that goes well with it for everyday wear since it's sure to show.

But, I need to note that this fabric is the Exact. Same. Stuff. I bought in Japan.  Had I known that it was the same canvas fabric, I would probably have just made a dress from it back then. Alas, my sewing knowledge and skills were just forming and I was unsure of myself.  Ultimately, it doesn't matter, I've had fun sewing and searching for this dress, and now it's mine.  
Outfit Info:  Qupid heels are old, Matryoshka bag is old, necklace is vintage, Eva Franco Russian Doll dress is thrifted

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I read every comment and I always try to respond. This is a polite and respectful blog, so please keep your comments polite and respectful too, or I will delete them. ;)
I ALSO DO NOT PUBLISH COMMENTS WHICH ARE INTENDED TO DIRECT TRAFFIC TO ANOTHER BLOG OR WEBSITE! It's cheap and tacky, so don't do it.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© Bleu Avenue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.