Monday, September 28, 2026

A Rose for September

I would much rather see someone make an interesting mistake than spend an entire lifetime being tastefully correct.-Iris Apfel, fashion guru.

A rose for September as we bid her farewell.  But, wait, florals and plaid?  Mmhmm, I know it's too much for some, but I think it totally works and I am absolutely in love with this thrifted Bernie Dexter.  I can't believe I didn't notice this dress sooner.  On the topic of fearless fashion, I had the misfortune of being sat with the mean girls the other day.  And in between critiques of everything from people's taste in spouses and cars, I heard a severe critique of a lovely woman who had made a fashion faux pas.  

I didn't see it myself, but from the description, it sounded like it a rather bold and creative decision which probably wasn't that bad at all.  Never the less, I agree with Iris Apfel, I'd rather see someone make a bold choice or an interesting mistake than to blandly blend in with all the jeans and t-shirts.  Plus, now I know exactly who I'm sitting with at the next event: The lady who's not afraid to be creative and stand out. 
Outfit Info:  Bernie Dexter dress is thrifted, bag is vintage, shoes from B.A.I.T.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I read every comment and I always try to respond. This is a polite and respectful blog, so please keep your comments polite and respectful too, or I will delete them. ;)
I ALSO DO NOT PUBLISH COMMENTS WHICH ARE INTENDED TO DIRECT TRAFFIC TO ANOTHER BLOG OR WEBSITE! It's cheap and tacky, so don't do it.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© Bleu Avenue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.