Thursday, August 13, 2026

Summer Reading: The King In Yellow

If you enjoy a good summer read then prepare yourself for something delicious: The King in Yellow. This lost treasure was written in 1895 by Robert W. Chambers and has all the eloquence of the Victorian era in this macabre work of proto-science fiction better known as cosmic horror.  And, if you're worried that summer is nearly over, worry no more, for this is a collection of short stories woven together by a common element.  
 
I knew nothing about The King in Yellow, but it was recommended by my stylist at my last color appointment, and since I was in need of a read and enjoyed the prospect of combing a book club style conversation with my next root touch up, I found it for free at The Gutenberg Project, and discovered that my lunch break was just enough time to read one story per day.

  I finished it in about a week, loved it, and knew I had to share.  In honor of this book, I  thought it only right that today's outfit combine a little soft summer gingham with the color yellow.
Outfit Info: Unique Vintage Yellow Gingham Dress Thrifted


 

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I read every comment and I always try to respond. This is a polite and respectful blog, so please keep your comments polite and respectful too, or I will delete them. ;)
I ALSO DO NOT PUBLISH COMMENTS WHICH ARE INTENDED TO DIRECT TRAFFIC TO ANOTHER BLOG OR WEBSITE! It's cheap and tacky, so don't do it.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© Bleu Avenue. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.