Some of my happiest summer nights, the ones that truly defined my childhood and teen years were spent on an August night when school was looming and we threw all caution to the wind and the wonder of summer to make the most of the short days of freedom we had left. Swimming in prom dresses with girlfriends, wading into warm murky ponds with the gang, sitting by the poolside talking about the future with a roommate. Always the night, and the water, and the stars shooting by. This was August to me.
This year Mr. Bleu, our daughter, and I woke ourselves at 1:00 a.m. on a weeknight no less to lay in the back of our truck and try to catch the show. We saw a few and they were lovely, but the moment together was loveliest of all.
Today's post feels like the last of the summer outfits. Once September arrives it's farewell summer; I swap out all my bright colors, florals and stripes for plaid and shades of rust. So, for today, something summer while it lasts.






Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by! I read every comment and I always try to respond. This is a polite and respectful blog, so please keep your comments polite and respectful too, or I will delete them. ;)
I ALSO DO NOT PUBLISH COMMENTS WHICH ARE INTENDED TO DIRECT TRAFFIC TO ANOTHER BLOG OR WEBSITE! It's cheap and tacky, so don't do it.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.